Wonderful Wedensday #2 - Let's All go to the Movies!

One of my favorite things in the whole world is watching movies.  But there is something wonderful about actually going to the movies. 

I have fond memories of going with my Dad to the pictures then heading over to Red Lobster for some of those garlic cheese biscuits...mmmmmmmm. 

From Junior High to High School, the cinema was where my friends and I hung out a lot of the time. 

When EM & I were dating, we went to the show all the time (because he knew I loved going so much) so from about June of '97 to February of '99 I saw just about every major motion picture (and quite a few minor ones.)  You get the picture, I rather enjoy going to the show.

In England, movie tickets cost us the equivalent of about $16 per ticket and that was not for some fancy mega theatre for a 3D movie, oh no, that was at a regular theatre for a regular show.  That theatre was 25 minutes away in a neighboring town and with gas being as extortionately expensive as it was plus if you wanted to go out to eat on top...oh dear, the cost in dollars would make your head swim!  Needless to say, going to the movies became a very rare and special treat.

Imagine my delight when we moved Stateside to a town where the local movie theatre has $5 tickets ($3.50 matinee tickets)!  Our local cinema has stadium seating, is clean, has retractable arm rests, and comfy seats that rock.  Did I already mention the cheap tickets?!  On top of that, if you sign up for their newsletter, they will send you an e-mail for a free popcorn.  Can it get any better?!?!?!?!  *Maybe, if they add a box of Junior Mints...

For movie times call (903)935-5662 or visit http://www.marshallcinema.net/.

Comments